StartupsFM team is back with a list of top 5 coolest Jobs for this week. We like to keep you updated of everything happening in the startup world and jobs are something you might be searching for! We like to do all the searching for you so that you can sit back and go through the hot job picks of this week!
London based startup PeerIndex is a social web analytics company. It works mostly to draw the graph identifying who are influential and in what context do they influence the most. It is looking for an individual who can build massively scalable systems on distributed computing environments.
You should know:
- Core Java
- Hadoop Big Data stack.
- Concurrent Programming
- Algorithm design
- Artificial Intelligence
- Machine Learning
There’s just 20% research, 10% IT and 70% of engineering here!
SuperAwesome is building a top discovery platform for kids between age 8-14 in UK and US. They are currently looking for a Senior .net developer who will contribute to their Swapit website. It is a small but highly experienced team. SuperAwesome is moving really fast. If you think you can pace up with them, here you go with the job details-
Expectations from you:
- Create, design and implement new features to enhance engagement for kids and teenagers as well as make it fun!
- Comfortable with a cross-functional work environment.
- Comfortable with Linq to SQL, NHibernate or similar ORMs.
- SQL server and Couch DB are bonus!
- Continuous integration & Deployment with Git, SVN, TeamCity.
- Aware of test-Driven Development and Lean Startup technologies.
Qualities appreciated, but not really mandatory:
- Knowledge about Agile methodology
- TDD and BDD experiences.
- Experience with node.js and Express.js, Python/Django/ Redis/other NoSql
The company is based in London and Dublin. This job has its posting in London.
Optimizely is an online optimization platform helping businesses to identify the right content for the right people at the right moment. In less than a span of 2 years, Optimizely has names like Starbucks, Disney and Marketo among its 4000+ paying customers.
San Francisco based, this startup is looking for a Technical Support Representative with the following skills:
- Deliver happiness to every customer you interact with.
- Become a subject matter expert in Optimizely technology
- Respond to customer feedback and bug reports via email, live chat and phone.
- Debug customer issues and create reproducible test cases for engineers to resolve.
- Maintain ownership of cases until resolution, drive other teams as needed and set customer expectations
- Author knowledge-based articles / technical notes for our customers.
- File enhancement requests and work with product management to translate business needs to product requirements.
- Pioneer innovative ways to help our customers become even more successful with Optimizely by improving our resources, processes and customer interactions.
- You need to have a technical degree from a 4 year university (e.g.: computer science/ engineering/mathematics/etc).
- 1-3 years of experience in technical support.
- Led projects earlier from scratch to the finishing line.
There are many perks too:
- Very competitive salary & equity compensation
- Full health, dental, vision
- 401k benefits
- Gym membership
- Catered lunches
- Unlimited vacation
- Clipper Cards for commute
- Company events: karaoke, show-n-tells, ski trips, retreats
- Top-of-the-line MacBook Pro and 30″ monitor – in fact, any gear you want that will improve your productivity.
People are no more looking for grand lobbies or hotels to put up at when travelling. Avenuestory is working at meeting demands of travelers in this particular sector. This London based startup is looking for a Social Media Executive intern for a span of maximum 3 months and minimum 1.5 months. He/she will be provided with all the expenditures that include travel and lunch, and extended perks like bonus! On the basis of your performance during the internship period, the company will decide whether you can join the team on a full time basis.
What are they looking for:
- Experience of working on different social media platforms; Twitter, Linkedin, Pinterest, and Facebook.
- An almost obsessive interest in best-practice and changes to social media marketing.
- Confident writing style and excellent grammar; ability to communicate complex offers and messages with online audiences.
- A solid writing background; experience blogging and/or editing for the web, WordPress experience necessary.
- Some knowledge of Photoshop and HTML is a plus
- Excellent communication skills
- Proactive, able to work independently
- Creative thinking and initiative
- Analytical skills and interest in research of new marketing ideas
- Need for personal development and quick learning
- Previous experience in travel, hospitality a plus
- Ability to build a rapport quickly, warmly enthusiastic, insightful
- Energetic, organised and proactive.
A degree in Social Media Studies or Journalism, or experience in working with publications is required.
Audiodraft is a San Francisco based startup that helps companies reach out to a global community by outsourcing their music and audio productions. These communities have over 20,000 sound designers and music composers. This startup is looking for a Community Manager who will be a voice as well as Face for the company!
They are searching for skills like:
- Experience and enthusiasm managing communities and executing community activities
- Creative and strategic self-starter; outstanding communicator
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, loosely structured and rapid-growth environment
- Experience working with different social media marketing
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail
- Ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and verbal formats, and build and maintain relationships
- Passionate about art, great audio design and working with artists and creatives
- Knowledge of audio production and design is a major plus